Wednesday, December 06, 2006


Yes, we're still alive. Typhoon Durian (which caused extensive damage to some regions but had minimum impact in Boracay) has departed, and all we suffered was a bit of wind (!) and a little rain.
What have we been up to? Last Monday evening Joe and I were treated to a massage treatment at the fabulous Mandala Spa, which was my first experience there. All I can say is it's a magical, tranquil place with soft lighting and extraodinary attention to detail - especially the lovely tropical flowers strewn casually but deliberately all around the place. While I was having my Mandala Signature Massage (with exotic oils and soft, ambient music in the background) I could also hear the chirruping of the crickets and cicadas outside our cabana, as well as geckos and even an owl hooting! Fire flies flitted in the trees outside, and the treatment itself left me so relaxed I had trouble getting up afterwards! Later, we were given ginger tea and relaxed in another pretty bamboo cabana.
I'm glad we went there in the evening as there were very few people around, and it's quieter at night.
Afterwards we headed out for a delicious Indian meal at Crafts and I managed to spill orangey brown tandoori sauce all over my white pants. Not a good look!
Since then nothing much exciting has happened, at least not to me. Joey, on the other hand, has gone on a free all expenses paid trip to beautiful Palawan, courtesy of a wealthy friend of his. He left yesterday. I'm very disappointed not to be going along, but trying to keep a cheerful face on.

1 Comments:

Blogger curly missy said...

hey jen!

liam here. i heard the news about typhoon seniang blowing away boats and roofs there. terrible! and i thought about red pirates and u guys. how's the pub and the paraw? i hope everything's still intact there. i'm spending new year there and i sure hope to see red pirates still standing there. i miss u guys so much. manila for me doesn't feel like home anymore. i'm always dreaming about how i used to spend lazy afternoons in your garden reading a book & sipping pineapple rhum until sunset. huhuhu! :'((

and i'm lookin at all those halloween pictures... arrrgh i'm so jealous that i'm not there! i bet that was another crazy halloween party i just missed.

anyway, don't be sad that joey left without you. i'm sure he'll make up for it when he gets back. ask him for pasalubong! hehe! :D

i'm really excited about going there now. i'm even more looking forward to this than christmas, and i'm counting the days already! december 30 - yahoo! boracay, here i come!!!

much love,

liam

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home