Monday, August 14, 2006


Oh the boredom. I could really use a vacation. Last night I was sitting in the bar, on my own, reading a book (which was only marginally better than watching paint dry), and trying not to pay attention to the two young Koreans who had chosen Red Pirates Pub as their 'make-out' venue for the evening. Aw bless, they were quite cute really, but the squelching noises of their face sucking session started to get on my nerves afetr a while. It was all I could do not to shout at them to 'GET A ROOM!' Four hours? Enough is enough!
The only other thing of interest was seeing a huge spider stomping across the bar. No big deal, you might think, but this thing was so massive that it had killed a large cockroach, tucked it under it's arm (leg?) and was cheerily strolling home to enjoy it's dinner. It reminded me somewhat of a fat bloke coming home from the pub with his package of cod and chips under his arm.
Oh dear, see what the boredom is doing to me?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god Jen! It was so good to find your blog. It's Angela from Canada. I was there earlier this year with Ryan. I miss you guys so much and can't wait to return. I can't believe what has happened to the garden. It's so sad. I will be looking forward to more posts and feel honored to be featured in a pic from March 2006. Love angela

12:27 PM  
Blogger Red Pirates said...

Hi Angela,

Great to hear from you! what are you guys doing these days? Do you still hear from Jer?
I'm sure we'll have the garden fixed up again in time for high season - hope you can make it back here some time.

Jen

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We lived with Jer and Brian in Taipei for a month. I haven't heard from either of them in a long time. I really enjoyed the pics of the kitties.. So freakin cute!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home